Animal Facility Access
Access to animal facilities managed by the Division of Animal Resources (DAR) requires authorization from DAR management.
Access will be granted only to people who:
- Are on the personnel list of an active animal use protocol.
- Have completed OHS training and enrollment.
- Have completed the online module IACUC Basic Training Program for Animal Users.
- Have completed the DAR facility user orientation for the requested facility. (Schedule with facility supervisory staff.)
To request access (allow at least one business day,) the principal investigator (PI) associated with the animal use protocol must submit an email request to DAR administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. The PI must be copied on the email if it is submitted by a delegate.
The following information is required:
- Name of the person who needs access
- The University Identification Number (UIN) on their I-Card
- Protocol number of the study to which the person is assigned
- The DAR animal facility to which the person needs access
For access to the Carl R. Woese Institute of Genomic Biology (IGB):
- The IGB facility requires a specialized Prox identification card
- Submit a facility access request as described above
- The DAR will notify the investigator when the signed IGB Entry Request Form with instructions for securing the Prox card is ready for pick-up at the DAR main office
The DAR will provide email confirmation once the access system is programmed.