Approved Rodent Sources
Procurement of animals from off-campus sources for use in research and teaching protocols requires advance approval from the Division of Animal Resources (DAR). The investigator should review the policy on laboratory animal procurement and complete the Animal Request Form. While investigators may note their source preferences, DAR staff will place all orders with vendors for the requested animals based on the information provided on the Animal Request Form and will coordinate shipment and delivery.
Rodents (Mice, Rats, Gerbils, Guinea Pigs, Hamster)
- Envigo/ formerly Harlan Sprague-Dawley, Inc.
- Charles River
- Jackson Laboratories
- Mutant Mouse Resource and Research Centers supported by NIH (MMRRC): JAX lab MMRRC and UC Davis MMRRC
- Simonsen Laboratories, Inc.
- NIA: Housed under contract at commercial vendor
- Carolina Biological Supply Company
- Sailfin Pet Shop: Vet approval required for this local supplier
- Xenopus Express
- Contact DAR Main Office for assistance.
Note: Vendors not found on this list require review by DAR veterinarian before approval of the animal request is completed.