Standards and Procedures

Reporting an Injury


In case of injury, however slight, while you are engaged in university work, report at once to your supervisor.

If the injury is not life-threatening, immediately report to your supervisor (not a co-worker), Fill out a University of Illinois Employee’s Injury Report, and promptly seek medical care. Failure to report the injury may affect your right to compensation for time lost or reimbursement for expenses incurred.

You Make Seek Treatment at One of the Following Locations

Carle Occupational Medicine

Located at the Carle North Annex off North Lincoln (North of I-74)
810 W. Anthony Drive, Urbana, IL 61802
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Weekdays
After hours, weekends and holidays: contact Carle ER at 217-383-3313

Safeworks Of Illinois

1806 N. Market Street; Champaign, Illinois 61820
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Weekdays

After hours and weekends: Presence Health Hospital ER (Previously Provena Covenant Hospital)

1400 W. Park Street, Urbana, IL 61801

Student Injury

Are You an Injured Student and Unsure What to Do?

Ask yourself this question: Did my injuries occur while performing duties that I am paid to do?

  • YES = Follow the procedures listed above
  • NO = Contact McKinley Health Center at 217-333-2701

Direct questions to your departmental office or Office of Claims Management: 217-333-1080.

Approved Date

Revised Date